The Breeze provides a state-of-the-art touch-less solution for manually transferring wafers while introducing little to no stress to the substrate. H-Square’s Breeze wand is a non-contact wafer handling substrates. The handling tool uses compressed facility gases (typically Nitrogen -or- CDA - clean dry air), to stream airflow from a center sparger cap or sparger tube to the perimeter of the wafer. Wafers are manually lifted from a surface, platen, cassette, or shipping container without contact on the top or bottom surfaces of the wafer. In accordance with the pressure differential Bernoulli's principle, the wafer is "floated" on the wand apparatus at approximately 200µ (microns) from the surface of the Breeze plate. Corral pins limit side movement of a retained wafer. SPS-Europe offers two standard models of Breeze handling systems - the H2B - a 90 degree perpendicular handle apparatus, and the H2BST - a horizontal offset handle configuration. Custom configurations are also available.
- Handle: Copolymer Acetal, Static Dissipative
- Plate: Transparent ESD-Safe Polycarbonate
- Corral Pins: Copolymer Acetal, Static Disspative
- Trigger/Lever: 316 Stainless Steel
- Weight: 0.6 lbs (0.28kg)
- Surface Resistivity: E10 - E12
- Input: 10 - 60 PSI, 1.0 - 2.0 CFM
- Facility Requirements: Filtered air (CDA) or Nitrogen (N2)
- Connection: Connector for grip and seal connection to external OD tubing of 0.250" (6.4mm) +/- 0.010"
A regulator should be installed at the Breeze connection point in order to optimally adjust the amount of gas flow.
Available in following sizes:
- 2" (50mm)
- 3" (75mm)
- 4" (100mm)
- 5" (125mm)
- 6" (150mm)
- 8" (200mm)
- 12" (300mm)